Saturday, April 21, 2007

Finally - a FO and Knitting Content Again!

I was a bad knitter - have been stuck in the knitting doldrums for a couple months now, trying unsuccessfully to finish a sock, so I bought three new skeins of Fleece Artist Merino. Got Peridot, Cornflower, and Spring Meadow. VERY pretty . . . I love these yarns with the subtle color changes. Am hoping they will knit up into some beautiful socks - yeah - like I'm gonna wake up some morning, and the knitting elves will have taken this and knit some lovely socks for me. Seems I'm gonna have to get off my cushions and start knitting in earnest - or at least in Merino yarn!

And now for something completely different - a finished object! After what seems like forever of slogging through hip-deep mud, I have managed to finish this lovely sock. Yes, it is another "loner" - a sock with no mate.

However, it has been a difficult road . . . can't even remember when this was started. I had good intentions. Once the RPM was finished, decided to move on to a different sock, come back, finish the second RPM, then the second baby silk.

You can guess the rest . . . I just want to start an entirely new pair of something - anything. Hopefully the self-discipline necessary to go back and pick up the pieces of the second socks will kick in and I'll finish. Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled for brand new socks here!





No comments: