Friday, January 02, 2009

Finally Been Knitting Again

Ok - so I haven't blogged since May - I hear you moaning (or is that cheering?) Anyway, I finally got into the knitting mode just before Christmas with some nice, ancient KnitPicks Hollyberry yarn. Decided to make just a nice pair of socks and fell back on my favorite Blueberry Waffle pattern. No biggie. So, managed to finish these . . . . oh . . . . . about December 27th. Yeah - poor timing!

But for Christmas - got a "real" sock blocker. The ones pictured above I fashioned myself out of stuff called "foam core" - which is basically styrofoam coated with thick paper on both sides. Actually, I personally think they work quite well - especially when you consider how long I've been out of work! Anyway, today I got the required size "0" needles and made a sock . . . . Isn't it just the cutest thing ever???

And this is REALLY the coolest thing - when you put the two socks - one normal and one tiny - you get a feel for how incredibly tiny that thing is!! I'm just amazed by it!

Now I want to make an entire wardrobe of tiny keychain socks! Isn't like I don't have enough leftover skein ends to make all sorts of spiffy tiny socks! I can hardly wait. Wish there was a knitting fairy who would come and knit them while I sleep ;)

Hope you had great holidays and that the New Year brings all your knitting wishes true!

No comments: