Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Dyeing for a Change!

Last Saturday, Niece Wendy (aka Gwen) and I got busy early in the day and began dyeing 14 skeins of wool and mohair. Much of it was lace weight and sock yarn. What a blast! We started out with Koolaid, Wilton cake dyes, and some aniline dyes I had. Then we started mixing our own colors like a couple mad scientists and dyeing little hanks of yarn.





Aren't they cute?







Wendy brought Grandma's swift along and her ball winder, and both got used extensively!







Here we are doing our crazy thing!






Yes, it's a messy business!!




Then into the microwave for a quick steam. Can you say "smells like WET DOG in here????"




But at the end of the day, what a beautiful sight!






And I'm happy to say after almost three days, my hands are almost back to normal - however my nails may never be the same. Wendy cheated and wore gloves!

No comments: