Saturday, September 24, 2005

It's Easy When Time's on Your Hands - Along with the Yarn!

I've been busy knitting as I sit home and wait for the phone call to come that will have me starting a new job someplace fantastic. Thought I'd post some pics of this week's accomplishments.

First off, blocked the lace shawl I made from my hand-dyed yarn. Unfortunately, it's longer than a door, and my camera's not terrific, so the picture is closer up. But, believe me, it did turn out rather well!

Created this lovely, but tiny purse. Is about big enough for a credit card, but was easy to do, fairly quick, and my first try at beading. Have to thank my dad for supplying me with a snap - seems I can't find any at my house! I really love this little bag, but not entirely sure what I'll do with it!

Then, I finished sock #1 of the sassy stripes and am about two-thirds the way through the ribbing for the second sock.

Oh - and when I needed a break from knitting, I completed painting building #21 (or is it #22?) - this cute stone mill with a water wheel. One day, I'll have to create a village to put these all on with the lights coming up from below the board.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

The shawl looks awesome. I will say it's amazing how your camera washes out the color. Those socks are much bluer and the shawl much brighter.

I do like the little purse though. Almost looks like a tooth fairy pillow