Saturday, August 19, 2006

Stitches Stash Enhancement!

I may have to go to Stitches Midwest vicariously with my niece, but I got some REAL stash enhancement!

She brought me the Lorna's Laces Somerset I've wanted (80% wool, 20% nylon and oh-so soft), some Fly Super Sport (superwash Merino wool), Berroco's Touche (50% Cotton, 50% rayon also super soft) for my Krista Tee, a cool cables pattern, buttons for my Gansey sweater (like she expects I'll finish it in this lifetime!), a pattern for a shawl from the new Victorian Lace Today book, and my Folk Socks book (actually from the Interweave Hurt Book Sale a couple weeks ago).

You gotta love the way she shops! She even took an empty suitcase with her to Chicago so she could bring her bounty home! I am so thrilled! She also gave me her Tahitian Sunset Koigu that she just couldn't seem to knit. Some of you may read her blog, Shoes and Yarn, and she tried a bunch of different patterns with this yarn, ripped everything out, and gave up. A million thanks to Wendy for all these goodies!

We had such fun - I showed her progress on my sock and sweater, saw her feather and fan shawl, and we both got to see her mom's progress on a Christmas alphabet she's been cross stitching since she broke her thigh bone in early June. It is amazing just how much you can get done when you're forcefully glued to the sofa! My poor brother left the dining table and watched TV while we three sat there another couple hours going on about wool, knitting, and cross stitch.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Poor dad, he was all left out...

Glad you like the yarn.