Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Semi-Retired

Even in my "semi-retirement" I have tried to keep busy. Not always easy, since "napping" seems to have become some sort of "activity." Anyway, in between naps, meals, sleeping, computer gaming, and working on stained glass (see blog link to left), I have done some knitting!

This is the Falling Leaves pattern done in Fiber Trends "Peridot." I'm really loving it! Even after completing the first sock, the second one seems to be going quite quickly!
So, here you have the lovely, completed first sock:



















A nice close up of the pattern:



















And the intimidating "star toe." I say intimidating, since I've only ever done one kind of toe on the socks I've knit, so even thought about bypassing this in favor of the tried and true variety. But once I read through the directions, this was even easier than the normal toe! And looks really neat, to boot!

No comments: