Friday, March 28, 2008

Ah - Almost Spring . . .

And now, for my niece, who seems to have a serious case of the knitting "blahs," I present the following:

"What's this?" I hear her scream! Sock blockers??? Well - actually - NO. These are blockers of my own design. I made them from a sheet of foam core I had on hand . . . provided I had known where to look for it. Turns out it was in the basement - buried. So, for a month I've been cleaning and re-arranging the basement and have managed to toss (so far) three dumpsters of trash. Got rid of loads of really old, gross stuff, gave fluorescent light fixtures to my brother, and found countless things I've missed, including important papers (discovered hidden in my old brief case from yesteryear).

Anyway . . . here are the completed leaf lace socks, the first of the twisted rib socks, and - what the heck - took Lady Eleanor outside for a stroll in the sun.

Please note - these are the very first daffodills in the yard to bloom. Also, right at the toe of the twisted ribs below and kind of surrounding it are some snowbells.

The lady is stuck on the fence . . . as many women are. Yuc-Yuc. So, that's it for my knitting. As you can tell, I've been knitting throughout the winter, just not blogging about it. Sorry.

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Where are my blockers??? Love Lady E!!!