Friday, December 30, 2005

Aprés Christmas 2005 . . . . .

Christmas was wonderful!!! My aunt loved her hand knit socks to keep her footsies warm! My dad loves his soft wool/flax scarf . . . See?? He's smiling!! Holding it up and admiring it! It was so tough not being able to post it on here until AFTER the holidays! He even asked if I was putting it out there beforehand . . . HA!

And it was certainly a knitter's Christmas! My niece got me some Koigu at Stitches last summer, and managed to not say a word until after I'd opened the gift!

And now, an update - the sassy striped socks are finished, my needles (yes, ALL of them!) were empty, so I started on last summer's dyed sock yarn. Below is a shot of some new lacy socks in progress:

The pattern will continue on the top of the foot. I remember when I first dyed the yarn and how it positively screamed "GREEN!" But now that it's being knitted, more of the beautiful shades of blue are more obvious. Can hardly wait to see these finished. Just hope they don't turn my feet the same color my hands were when we dyed the wool!!

So - today, 30 Dec 05, was a quiet one at the office. I did what I could and left around 2:15 to head homeward . . . . but somehow the Weaving Department at Meyers House beckoned and I had to swing by there. There's still those two balls of lace weight yarn we dyed last summer, and I'm "dying" to try a lace shawl in that! So I got the Fiber Trends Pacific Northwest shawl pattern below. Then, out of the blue (or, red?). . . . a wonderful "Foxy" brilliant red yarn called to me. It has fringes in red and other strange tags of stuff on it and when knit looks like a bright feather boa. HAD to have that!!! So, my Christmas cash was spread a bit today (see my stained glass blog for more "spreading of the Christmas cash!").
















Hope your Christmas was everything you hoped for and more, that your handmade gifts were opened with glee and the lucky recipients know the time and love that went into each article!

2 comments:

Gwen said...

I can keep secrets, oh yes I can. I must admit it was so hard to hide my own koigu from you. I wanted to brag and show it's wonderfulness around, but alas, you would have wondered where yours was. Glad you like it. I can't believe you went to Myer's house without me. Are they having a sale?

Gwen said...

I can keep secrets, oh yes I can. I must admit it was so hard to hide my own koigu from you. I wanted to brag and show it's wonderfulness around, but alas, you would have wondered where yours was. Glad you like it. I can't believe you went to Myer's house without me. Are they having a sale?