Friday, July 28, 2006

Let the Knitting Begin!!!

If you've come from visiting my original blog (see link at right) you know that today was my last day working a temp job held for the last nine and a half months and that I've come to love a great deal.

Ok - so now I'll be home, unemployed, for a while. If you're on MSN Messenger and have me added as BlueLady486, you will see my personal message "Will Work for Money."

So - I bought this 4,500 yards of 5-ply Guernsey wool from Frangipani in Cornwall, England (I've truly lost my mind). It is a beautiful teal color named "Deep Ocean" and I'm planning to start knitting the Grace's Cardigan (link below) during this period of unemployment. I am also working on a pair of socks now, and may start another pair.


















This from the lady who tries mainly to knit one thing at a time and complete that project before I begin another. I know - I know - My niece is a bad influence on me! So, I will begin the sweater once I get the required needles and figure out exactly what a "welt" is!














This is the beginning of the Koigu socks. Bought at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival by my niece last May, is kind of mill ends and neither color is enough for a pair, so I will knit this band at the tops, the heels and toes out of this nice periwinkle. Think they will be stunning!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I love those socks. Those colors go so well together. I knew they wood. Glad it's working out for you!!

Gwen