Saturday, March 25, 2006

Jaywalker Blahs

Ok - you saw the picture of the jaywalker sock on the tall white plastic glass - when I tried it on, it went nearly to my instep. So, I frogged it and started over. Instead of the 1s, I used 2s. Looked beautiful! Got about 5" long, and tried it, and it barely fit over my heel. Not sure whose feet the pattern is written for, but obviously not mine. Never thought my feet were particularly strangely sized, but there's no way this thing is sizeable for my foot. On the 2s, the cuff is too loose and the leg too tight. I can only imagine what would happen once I start doing the body of the thing. A regular sock is 68 stitches and I make those on 2s and they fit everybody great. This pattern calls for 84 stitches and the leg is still too tight. So, if I upsized it by using 3s next, the foot and cuff would droop and the leg would just barely fit.

I officially give up . . .

No comments: