Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just Sockin' Around

After starting the Pomatomus socks in Jawoll Superwash - in a beautiful (although the colors in the picture are anything BUT accurate!) deep maroon, brown, and dark gray - almost black, I've decided I'm not amused with this sock. The pattern is too stretchy, the yarn too stripey. I don't know. Probably going to frog the whole thing (when it isn't still quite so new!) and do it in some other color yarn.

Wendy's been dying the see the Jawalker socks I've started in KnitPicks Hawaii. Although it's slow going (not used to using 1s), ultimately, I believe it will be beautiful!

You also gotta love the "leg models." Fly with me in your imagination!! Yes, the cheesy QuikTrip and white plastic drinking glasses are standing in for - a lovely leg. As for the Jaywalker image, would have to be Olive Oyl or stick woman . . .
But thought it would be cool to be able to see a design. Unfortunately, computer's still off it's feed so am unable to lighten up that crappy image of the Pomatomus sock. Sorry!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

I love the colors of the Hawaii in the Jaywalker. It looks awesome!!!